Profile (Takufumi Yanagisawa)
Professor Takufumi Yanagisawa MD-Ph.D.
Takufumi Yanagisawa is a Professor in Institute of Advanced Co-Creation studies and a neurosurgeon (MD-Ph.D) in Department of Neurosurgery at Osaka University. Prior to joining the institute, he was a Lecturer in the Endowed Research Division of Clinical Neuroengineering at Osaka University from 2016-2018. He received a PhD in Neurosurgery from Osaka University in 2009, and was a postdoctoral researcher at Osaka University from 2009–2012. Then, he was an Assistant Professor in Division of Functional Diagnostic Science Graduate School of Medicine, Osaka University from 2012-2016. He received a Young Scientists’ Prize from MEXT Japan in 2013. Yanagisawa’s research is on clinical neurophysiology and clinical application of Brain-Machine Interface and neurofeedback, which include the analysis of intracranial signals implanted in human patients. He is particularly interested in decoding and control of cortical information using a big data of brain signals and human behavior.
WORK ADDRESS, PHONE, FAX, E-MAIL
Institute for Co-Creation studies, Osaka University, 2-2 Yamadaoka, Suita, Osaka, 565-0871, Japan
phone: Tel:+81-6-6879-3652, Fax:+81-6-6879-3659
PRINCIPAL FILEDS of INTERESTS
- Brain Machine Interface using ECoG and MEG
- Functional neurosurgery for epilepsy and Parkinson’s disease
- Computational Neuroscience
Personal web pages:
- T. Yanagisawa, R. Fukuma, B. Seymour, K. Hosomi, H. Kishima, T. Shimizu, H. Yokoi, M. Hirata, T. Yoshimine, Y. Kamitani, Y. Saitoh, Induced sensorimotor brain plasticity controls pain in phantom limb patients, Nature Communications, 2016; 7, 13209
- Yanagisawa T, Yamashita O, Hirata M, Kishima H, Saitoh Y, Goto T, Yoshimine T, Kamitani Y., Regulation of motor representation by phase-amplitude coupling in the sensorimotor cortex., J Neurosci. 2012; 32(44): 15467-75.
- Yanagisawa T, Hirata M, Saitoh Y, Kishima H, Matsushita K, Goto T, Fukuma R, Yokoi H, Kamitani Y, Yoshimine T, Electrocorticographic control of a prosthetic arm in paralyzed patients, Annals of Neurology, 2012; 71 (3):353-61
- Yanagisawa T, Hirata M, Saitoh Y, Goto T, Kishima H, Fukuma R, Yokoi H, Kamitani Y, Yoshimine T., Real-time control of a prosthetic hand using human electrocorticography signals., J Neurosurg. 2011, 114(6): 1715-22
- Yanagisawa T, Hirata M, Saitoh Y, Kato A, Shibuya D, Kamitani Y, Yoshimine T., Neural decoding using gyral and intrasulcal electrocorticograms., Neuroimage., 2009; 45(4):1099-106
- Yanagisawa T, Tsumoto T, Kimura F., Transiently higher release probability during critical period at thalamocortical synapses in the mouse barrel cortex: relevance to differential short-term plasticity of AMPA and NMDA EPSCs and possible involvement of silent synapses., Eur J Neurosci. , 2004; 20(11): 3006-18.
- “Inou“vation generation award、Ministry of Internal Affairs and Communications、2017/11/22
- Bioindustry award, Japan Bioindustry association,2017/10/11
- BCI award, 2017/9/21
- Nakatani Award incentive prize, Nakatani Foundation, 2017/2/24
- The Commendation for Science and Technology by the Minister of Education, Culture, Sports, Science and Technology, The Young Scientists’ Prize, 2013/4/16
- Medical Research Encouragement Prize of The Japan Medical Association, 2012/11/1
- “HISHO” The Top Thirty Young Researchers of Osaka University, 2010/10/6
- 29th International congress of clinical neurophysiology (ICCN2010) (Kobe), Young investigator award, Title: ‘Real-time and training-free control of a prosthetic arm using human electrocorticograms’, 2010/11/1
- BIOMAG2008 YOUNG INVESTIGATOR AWARD (Sapporo), Title： Functional mapping by transcranial magnetic stimulation (TMS) on motor cortex of the patients with deafferentation pain, 2008 /8/29
- Nature Biotechnology, Scientific Reports, Frontiers in Human Neuroscience , Neuroscience, Neuroscience Research, BCI etc