The Center for Twin Research was founded in April 2009 at the Osaka University as Japan’s first research facility to specialize in the study of twins. As the leading twin research authority in our country, the Center aims to develop research collaboration with domestic as well as international twin research facilities in order to produce cutting-edge research in its field of specialization.
- 2009 April The Center of Twin Research is founded as an attached unit of the Osaka University Graduate School of Medicine.
- 2009 April Dr. Kazuo Hayakawa is appointed Director of the Center.
- 2011 Jan.–2015 Mar. The Center receives funding from the special expenses budget of MEXT’s National University Operation Subsidy.
- 2011 January Research activities begin in earnest.
- 2012 March Organization of a mini-symposium.
- 2012 November Organization of the first Twin Festival.
- 2013 November Organization of Twin Festival 2013.
- 2014 January The Center is selected for the Osaka University implemented Projects for Promoting International Joint Research.A research collaboration team with the University of Helsinki, Finland is established.
- 2014 November Organization of the 1st International Twin Research Symposium at the Osaka University.
- 2014 November Organization of Twin Festival 2014.
- 2015 April–2019 Mar. The Center receives funding from the special expenses budget of MEXT’s National University Operation Subsidy.
- 2015 April Dr. Yoshinori Iwatani is appointed Director of the Center.
- 2015 September The Center organizes the 4th International Network of Twin Registries meeting at the Osaka University.
- 2015 November Organization of Twin Festival 2015.